Posting Date: July 15, 2019
Employment Applications may be obtained at the Senior Services’ Reception Desk,
4700 Dublin Ave. in Midland or you can print an application by clicking here.
- Office Professional (40 hours/week) – Position requires computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office applications. Detail oriented, excellent grammar and proofreading skills required. Experience using a multi-line phone system, ability to multi-task and strong written and verbal communications skills necessary. Associates Degree in business related field and/or relevant experience required. Submit cover letter and resume to and/or pick up application at Senior Services, 4700 Dublin Avenue, Midland, MI 48642 – Attn: Human Resources.
- Prep/Support Cooks in Midland County – (2 positions – one is 15 hours/week and one is 18 hours /week) – Positions within our Nutrition Program – this position is three days a week to assist with preparing, packing and serving meals in a Nutrition program for older adults. Previous food service or commercial meal preparation experience preferred but not required.
- Personal Care Assistant – Seasons Adult Day Health Services (20-25 hours/week) – Flexibly scheduled part-time Personal Care Assistant position open within Seasons Adult Day Health Services. Seasons is an activity based enrichment program that specializes in the day time care of seniors with dementia, isolation, or other chronic illnesses. Candidates must have a genuine interest and compassion for working with seniors, patience and strong communication skills. Primary responsibilities include assisting seniors with bathing, showering and personal care. Other tasks will involve assisting with lunch and engaging in meaningful interactions with participants as time allows. Seasons has an excellent work environment with no evenings or weekends. Hours are Monday through Friday 4 – 5 hours per day. Physical ability to reach, bend, stoop, squat and lift up to 30 lbs, previous personal care experience and a high school diploma is required.
- Home Care Direct Care Workers– Part Time (20 -29 hours per week). Provide personal assistance and support to older adults in their home. Assistance includes, but not limited to, homemaking, bathing and toileting, grooming, laundry, grocery shopping, and respite for a family caregiver. Physical ability to reach, bend, stoop, climb stairs and lift up to 25 lbs. required. Previous personal care experience preferred. Effective oral and written communication. Ability to work compassionately with individuals with varying degrees of physical and cognitive limitations. Position requires driving within Midland County. Competitive pay, holiday pay and mileage reimbursement. High school diploma required, Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) not required. No nights, weekends or on-call.
- On-Call Cooks in Midland County– Openings for On-Call Cooks in the Nutrition Department to provide kitchen assistance as needed at all Centers. This position has no guaranteed weekly hours or benefits, (called in when needed) the knowledge gained regarding food safety, preparation, service and clean-up will help to prepare you for potential future opportunities. Previous food service or commercial meal preparation experience preferred but not required.
Employment is contingent on criminal and driving background checks and pre-employment drug test results.