Posting Date: October 29, 2019
Employment Applications may be obtained at the Senior Services’ Reception Desk,
4700 Dublin Ave. in Midland or you can print an application by clicking here.
- Assistant Cook – Part time (29 hours /week) – This position is five days a week to assist with preparing, packing and serving meals in a Nutrition program for older adults. Will work primarily at the Trailside center. Previous food service or commercial meal preparation experience preferred but not required.
- Activity Coordinator- Full-Time (40 hours/week)- Seasons Adult Day Health Services. Primary responsibilities include developing group and individual activities for participants, training staff, monitoring facilitation, implementing group outings, completing assessments and volunteer oversight. Previous experience with older adults and hands-on skills working with people living with dementia is preferred. Must have patience and understanding, effective verbal and written communication and organization skills. Bachelors in Therapeutic Recreation required. Certification through the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification preferred.
- Communication and Design Manager – Full-Time (40 hours/week). This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to develop good working relationships with the media and Senior Services Staff. Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in word processing, data base management, graphics/publishing/photography and website management. Experience creating visually pleasing design and layout of various forms of media with excellent proficiency in use of computer layout programs such as InDesign or Publisher as well as experience writing media releases. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Communications or related field required.
- Home Care Direct Care Workers– Part Time (20 -29 hours per week). Provide personal assistance and support to older adults in their home. Assistance includes, but not limited to, homemaking, bathing and toileting, grooming, laundry, grocery shopping, and respite for a family caregiver. Physical ability to reach, bend, stoop, climb stairs and lift up to 25 lbs. required. Previous personal care experience preferred. Effective oral and written communication. Ability to work compassionately with individuals with varying degrees of physical and cognitive limitations. Position requires driving within Midland County. Competitive pay, holiday pay and mileage reimbursement. High school diploma required, Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) not required. No nights, weekends or on-call.
- On-Call Cooks in Midland County– Openings for On-Call Cooks in the Nutrition Department to provide kitchen assistance as needed at all Centers. This position has no guaranteed weekly hours or benefits, (called in when needed) the knowledge gained regarding food safety, preparation, service and clean-up will help to prepare you for potential future opportunities. Previous food service or commercial meal preparation experience preferred but not required.
Employment is contingent on criminal and driving background checks and pre-employment drug test results.