3243 N. West River Rd, Sanford, MI 48657
* COVID-19 Service Update*
In keeping with the most recent suggestions from the CDC, and the local, state and federal government, our five Activity and Dining Centers including all activities, classes, clinics and events have been cancelled until further notice. Online fitness classes and educational opportunities are available by visiting our calendar (link to calendar), we hope to resume normal operations soon. Please follow our social channels on Facebook and Twitter for the most up to date announcements.
The Sanford Center is open from 8:00am-3:00pm, Monday-Friday. Lunch is served at 11:30am.
If you’d like to come to the Sanford Center for lunch, here are some tips for what to expect:
- Make your reservations before 9:00am by calling 687-7888 or by signing the yellow reservation sheet, located at the center, for the appropriate date and meal.
- Please sign in on the white sheet located at the table near the front entrance.
- Donations are placed in the box that is next to the reservation and sign in sheet.
- Please help yourself to coffee or tea which is located at the back of the dining room.
- Announcements begin at 11:25am, grace is said and lunch is served at 11:30am. The Pledge of Allegiance is recited on Fridays.
- A salad bar is available before lunch.
The Sanford Lumber Jack’s and Jill’s have a long history in Sanford and the Center’s advisory board. They play a vital and active role in the Sanford Senior Center. Meetings are held the second Monday, every other month at 10:00 a.m.
The advisory board of elected members are:
President: Patricia Baringer
Vice President: Carolyn McLaughlin
2nd Vice President: Tony Banules
Secretary: Terri Jardno
Treasurer: Gene Susalla
A few of their activities include, Appreciation Dinners, Annual Picnic, Grandparent’s Night, Special occasion bingos and prizes, Memorial Day Parade participation and monthly casino trips. They also provide meal tickets for the winners of card games, pool and scrabble tournaments, bingos and others. Memorial donations and name plaques for our deceased participants are also sponsored by the Jack’s and Jill’s.