Call 989-633-3788 to Make Your Lunch Reservation
2601 E Shearer Rd. in Midland, MI 48642
Located at Greater Midland North Family Center
* COVID-19 Service Update*
In keeping with the most recent suggestions from the CDC, and the local, state and federal government, our five Activity and Dining Centers including all activities, classes, clinics and events have been cancelled until further notice. Online fitness classes and educational opportunities are available by visiting our calendar (link to calendar), we hope to resume normal operations soon. Please follow our social channels on Facebook and Twitter for the most up to date announcements.
Open 11:30am-2:30pm, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Lunch is served at noon.
When you come to the Mills Center for lunch, this is what you can expect:
- Make your reservations before 9:00am by calling 633-3788 or by signing the yellow reservation sheet, located at the center, for the appropriate date and meal.
- When you arrive, sign in on the white sheet on the table near Mills Center entrance. Donations are placed in the wooden box by the sign in sheet.
- Help yourself to coffee or tea at the beverage bar.
- Placemats, napkins and silverware are next to the serving window.
- At Noon, there are announcements and then grace is said. The Pledge of Allegiance is sometimes recited.
- Lunch is then served at the front of the room.
- Bus your own tray after lunch using the dish window.
The Mills Friendly Folks Advisory Board meets every other month and consists of six members.
President: Floyd Andrick
VP: Bonnie Golanski
Secretary: Marilyn Greene
Treasurer: Wendy Schultz
Trustee: Betty Foland
Trustee: Jeanne Bis
The Board is governed by a set of by-laws and works closely with the Center Director. They hold small fundraisers to help pay for some of the “extras” at the center, like ice cream! The largest fundraiser they hold is an annual bake sale held in October when North Midland Family Center hosts a community-wide gathering. They would love to see more people 60 and older take advantage of the many opportunities the Mills Center offers. They listen to all comments and ideas from participants on ways to make the Mills Center even better! Every senior is always welcome to attend the advisory board meetings.