- What hit television show was set during the Korean War?
- How often should you change the batteries in your smoke alarms?
- What singing legend brought rock-n-roll into popular culture?
- If your clothing catches fire, what should you do?
- Do you want to have fun while learning how to prevent fires and falls?
Join us for Remembering When™
Senior Services is offering a new program, Remembering When™, a fire and fall prevention program for older adults, developed by the National Fire Protection Association and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to help older adults live safely at home for as long as possible. Centered around 16 key safety messages—eight fire prevention and eight fall prevention—and designed to be fun and interactive, participants will leave feeling informed and inspired to review their safety plan.
Those who attend the program will have an opportunity to sign up for a follow-up home visit from volunteers who will go through a fire and fall prevention checklist with you and will check your smoke alarms, replacing, providing and installing if needed at no cost to you!
If you or someone you know would benefit from Remembering When™, the program will be held at each Senior Services Activity & Dining Center as scheduled below. If you’d like more information, call 989-633-3700.
Coleman March 3 at 12:30pm
Happy Diners March 14 at 12:00pm
Greendale March 15 at 11:00am
Sanford March 16, 10:15am
Trailside March 17 at 1:00pm
Mills March 21 at 12:30pm