Are you new to Medicare, or have you received Medicare benefits for several years? Would you like help choosing the right Medicare Part D prescription drug plan? Are the costs of your prescriptions or other Medicare premiums or co-pays not affordable? Do you need assistance sorting through your Medicare options or other health benefits? If so, Senior Services have trained staff and volunteers that can help you. Senior Services offers health benefit counseling services to Midland County residents age 60 or older. Our goal is to help older adults navigate their way through the health insurance maze by explaining Medicare options, discussing and assisting with a Secondary Health Insurance application and applying for Medicaid or other programs that assist with the cost of medications, co-pays and premiums. Start receiving assistance now by calling Senior Services at 989-633-3700 and asking for help with your health benefits.
Senior Services Health Benefits Assistance can help you:
- Understand Medicare Health Plan Options such as Original Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D
- Identify and report Medicare & Medicaid Fraud
- Review, compare and assist with enrollment in a Medicare Supplemental (Medigap) Plan
- Screen for and assist with enrollment in the Medicare Savings Program
- Screen for and assist with application to Social Security Extra Help (or Low Income Subsidy) for assistance with Medicare Prescription Drug Costs
- Understand doctor bills, hospital bills and Medicare Summary Notices
- Understand Medicare & Medicaid eligibility, enrollment, coverage, claims and appeals
- Screen for eligibility and assist with a Nursing Home Medicaid application
SPAP assists Midland County residents age 50 or older with obtaining their medications from pharmaceutical companies at little or no cost. The individual must meet financial criteria that vary with each pharmaceutical company. SPAP can help you:
- Identify resources for prescription drug assistance
- Manage pharmaceutical company applications and enrollment
- Screen for potential pharmaceutical company programs
Senior Services has six Care Coordinators and four volunteer counselors that are trained and certified by the State of Michigan Medicare Medicaid Assistance Program (MMAP). MMAP counselors are specialists trained in Medicare & Medicaid laws and regulations. They are knowledgeable in relevant insurance products and providing health insurance counseling. Counselors are not connected with any insurance company, nor are they licensed to sell insurance. The counselor’s sole purpose is to provide objective and confidential information so you, the Medicare Beneficiary, may make an informed decision on your options. During Medicare Open Enrollment for 2014, Senior Services MMAP counselors assisted over 200 clients in comparing and enrolling in Medicare Part D plan. Since 2000 when SPAP began, this program has saved Midland County seniors $1,621,197!
Counselors are available for an appointment Monday-Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm.
There is no cost to receive assistance from a MMAP or SPAP counselor, however donations are always welcomed.